While University of Minnesota classes are being taught via alternative instruction, CEI consultants are available to work with you to find creative, flexible, and practical solutions for your remote teaching plan. Consultations are private, non-evaluative, and free of charge. Send us a question via email, meet with us once, or collaborate on an on-going basis. As you prepare for summer and fall, topics might include:
- flexible course design and syllabus development,
- creating community among students while teaching remotely
- choosing between synchronous and asynchronous instruction
- specific teaching techniques, activities, and assessments,
- online teaching observations and online course reviews,
- student feedback facilitations,
- assistance in spoken academic English and resources on cross-cultural considerations in teaching,
- assistance in identifying or developing resources for your unit related to teaching and learning,
- research and evaluation of educational practices, and
- online learning development and support, including marketing and feasibility.
Contact us to get started.
Daily consultation sessions are available from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. starting on May 26. This is a time to meet one-on-one with a consultant from ATSS, CEI, or UMD ITSS and have your questions about remote teaching answered in a safe, supportive space. The topics are determined by participants: for example, in previous sessions, consultants have demonstrated how to transition content, assessments, and interactions from an in-person class environment to an online learning environment.
To join a consultation, go to the Zoom meeting room and login using your UMN email address and password. You will be in a "waiting room" until the consultant welcomes you to the room.