Teaching Assistant & Post-Doc Professional Development Program
The Teaching Assistant & Post-Doc Professional Development program offers teaching assistants and graduate students a venue to be formally recognized for their investment in their professional development. Participants who successfully complete the required elements of the program will receive a formal letter for recognition from the Center for Educational Innovation.
To receive a formal letter of recognition for completing the program, participants must:
- Register for the program.
- Attend a total of six workshops over a two year period.
- Workshops must include one from each of the following categories: Learning & Learners, Course Design, Delivery Strategies, and Assignments and Assessments in addition to two electives.
- Workshops from the Teaching Enrichment Series may also be used to fulfill the requirements. See this page for more information.
- For more information and workshop registration, click on the date links below.
Track your attendance and learning at workshops using this form.
- Submit a reflective essay or consult with a CEI staff member and arrange for a student feedback by consensus session. Contact Mary Jetter at email@example.com when you are ready for this step.
Workshop offerings for the 2017-2018 academic year
|Learning & Learners||Course Design (Pedagogy)||Delivery Strategies (Pedagogy)||Assessment & Assignments|
Clasroom dynamics (Sept. 19, 2017)
Learning work, not busywork: Online workshop (March 8, 2018)
Cognitive Load: Maximizing student learning while minimizing cognitive load (Oct. 31, 2017)
Motivation: Fostering students’ motivation to learn (Nov. 30, 2017)
Becoming an instructor of record (May 2018)
Inclusive teaching and learning
Course design for different learning spaces (Nov. 9, 2017)
Active learning 101(January 25, 2018)
Canvas workshops (TBD)
Getting feedback you can use (February 6, 2018)
Creating effective and accessible assignments (April 2018)
View the events calendar to see which workshops are upcoming.