Teach an Online Course
The Center for Educational Innovation has consultants available for faculty members to address teaching concerns and effectiveness as they relate to course and program planning. Contact CEI to request a consultation.
Other resources specifically related to teaching online include:
- Penn State Online "Faculty Competencies for Online Teaching"
- University of Central Florida Teach Online
- University of Illinois "Instructional Strategies for Online Courses"
- Initiating quality student discussion is an important consideration when teaching blended or online courses. CEI has prepared a brief guide for fostering online discussions, which can be downloaded.
- The School of Nursing offers sample discussion guidelines, sample discussion rubrics, and discussion question samples.
See additional pages for development opportunities for teaching online.