We collaborate with instructors and units who want to:
- develop a plan for professional development for online instructors,
- engage faculty with tools and resources for teaching online,
- assess feasibility, costs, and marketing approaches during pre-development phase,
- articulate and develop unit-level approaches for strategic online course offerings, and
- foster networks across the University of Minnesota to deepen online learning experiences.
When developing a new online course or converting a face-to-face course online at the University of Minnesota, there are a number of steps to follow and considerations to be made. Resources to help you get started:
- Online Course Development Process
- Ensuring Online Course Quality
- Academic Integrity
- Intellectual Property and Copyright documents
As you consider adding an online program, learn more about conducting a needs assessment, getting academic approval, and associated regulations. Once the program has been developed, there are ways to list and promote the program.