Non-Degree Students and Postdocs

Students who have already completed their degrees or are not currently enrolled in a U of M degree granting program (e.g., postdocs) have two enrollment options:

  1. Enroll for graduate credit. This option is often preferred by students attending other higher education institutions and intending to transfer the credits for this program. Enrolling for graduate credit means you will pay graduate-level tuition for all courses taken during this term. Steps for registering can be found on the U of MN OneStop Non-Degree Graduate Registration page.

  2. Non-degree students who are postdocs may register as an undergraduate non-degree student. This is an economical way to complete the program since students are charged the undergraduate tuition rate which is lower than the graduate rate. Information on how to do this can be found on the U of MN OneStop Non-Degree/Guest Student page. Contact to receive the permission number you will need in order to register. Note in your message that you are a postdoc registering as an undergraduate and will need a permission number with the ‘career restriction’ override.

NOTE: Registering for undergraduate credit is not available for active graduate students.