CEI works with all levels of academic leadership systemwide—campuses, colleges, divisions, departments, and programs—to support substantial pedagogical and curricular initiatives.
CEI is a centrally funded unit, so there is no additional cost to you regardless of the level of engagement you seek. We frequently provide one or more consultations at the start of an initiative to help academic leaders shape and plan their effort. We regularly assist in the facilitation and delivery of faculty development that fits into a larger educational initiative. In some cases, a CEI team member becomes a professional partner to an academic unit in a one-to-three year collaboration to assist in the design, implementation, and assessment of an educational initiative.
Support for Educational Initiatives
- Launch a faculty cohort program or graduate student discussion series on teaching topics that advance your academic goals.
- Establish a system for peer review of teaching.
- Engage in significant curriculum mapping and revision for accreditation.
- Create an evaluation plan prior to embarking on a new educational initiative.
Online Course and Program Development
CEI provides expert consultation and support at every critical step of the online course and program development process.
- Conduct in-depth program feasibility and market analysis.
- Consult with us on obtaining required approvals, ensuring regulatory compliance, and planning for program evaluation.
- Find resources that guide the development of quality online courses.
- Engage in faculty development seminars that promote the design of rigorous and engaging online learning opportunities.
Educational Research and Evaluation
Before you begin a significant educational innovation, a faculty development initiative, or a substantial curricular or program change, consult CEI for expert guidance on researching the impact of your efforts.
- Plan research questions, methodology, and design.
- Implement data collection and analysis.
- Analyze and interpret data.
- Produce reports.