Below are a few articles, books, and sites that might be helpful as you are planning your research project.
- Bartsch, R. A. (2013). Designing SoTL studies—part I: validity. New Directions for Teaching and Learning, 2013(136), 17-33.
- Bartsch, R. A. (2013). Designing SoTL Studies—Part II: Practicality. New Directions for Teaching and Learning, 2013(136), 35-48.
- Felten, P. (2013). Principles of good practice in SoTL. Teaching and Learning Inquiry: The ISSOTL Journal, 1(1), 121-125.
- Hestenes, D., Wells, M. & Swackhamer, G. (1992). Force concept inventory. The Physics Teacher 30, 141-151.
- Klymkowsky MW, Underwood SM, Garvin-Doxas K. (2010). Biological Concepts Instrument (BCI): A diagnostic tool for revealing student thinking. arXiv.org. arXiv:1012.4501
- Shulman, L. S. (1999). “Taking teaching seriously.” Change. 31(4), 11-17.
- Bishop-Clark, C., & Dietz-Uhler, B. (2012). Engaging in the scholarship of teaching and learning: A guide to the process, and how to develop a project from start to finish. Stylus Publishing, LLC.
- Boyer, E. L. (1990). Scholarship reconsidered: Priorities of the professoriate. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Dillman, D.A., Smyth, J.D. & Christian, L.M. (2014). Internet, Phone, Mail, and Mixed-Mode Surveys: The Tailored Design Method, 4th Edition. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Krueger, R.A. & Casey, M.A. (2014). Focus groups: A practical guide for applied research. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
- McKinney, K. (2010). Enhancing learning through the scholarship of teaching and learning: The challenges and joys of juggling (Vol. 139). John Wiley & Sons.
- McKinney, K. (Ed.). (2013). The scholarship of teaching and learning in and across the disciplines. Indiana University Press.
- Pedhazur, E.J. & Schmelkin, L.P. (1991). Measurement, Design, and Analysis: An Integrated Approach. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.
- Trochim, W.M.K. (2001). Research Methods Knowledge Base. Mason, OH: Thomson Learning.