Teaching Assistant and Postdoc Professional Development Program
This program offers graduate students and postdocs formal recognition for investing in teaching-related professional development. After successfully completing the required elements of the program, you'll receive a formal letter of recognition from the Center for Educational Innovation.
Here's how to complete the program:
- Register for the program.
- Attend a total of six workshops over a two-year period and track your attendance and learning using this Tracking Log document.
- Workshops must include one from each of the following categories: Learning & Learners, Course Design, Delivery Strategies, and Assignments and Assessments in addition to two electives.
- Workshops are offered throughout the academic year. Use the full list of workshops and CEI's events calendar to chart your own plan.
- After you have attended the required workshops, email Janelle Nivens with one of the three options:
NOTE: If you are currently teaching, you are strongly encouraged to opt for a classroom observation or student feedback facilitation.